Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2009!

2008 was a year filled with lots of firsts, many traditions and time with friends, both new and old. I can't believe that 2009 marks the year that I will graduate from SMC - it seems like I just began my freshman year!

The early months of 2008 brought a lot of skiing and the start of a great semester, March brought me to Kentucky for a fantastic service trip with a great group of SMCers, April marked my first LEAP team experience and a phenomenal SMC sponsored Wyclef Jean concert, and May brought the graduation of two of my best friends at SMC (thankfully they are both still at SMC - Mallory is an Admissions Counselor and Em is a Resident Director and Graduate student!).

The summer was filled with more SMC events as I worked for the Admissions office for the third and final summer giving tours and was a student leader on POW (Pre-Orientation Weekend). It was also a summer filled with roadtrips for concerts; I saw Kanye West and Rihanna in Montreal with Kristin, my best friend from home, Akon and Wyclef Jean in Montreal with Mallory and had an SMC reunion with my friend Heather and a new SMC friend, Katie at the Maroon 5 and Counting Crows concert in Mansfield, MA.

September marked the beginning of my senior year at SMC; I also moved into a townhouse on campus and worked hard as the Support Rector for LEAP. The end of the year was filled with writing my most important academic paper thus far (my thesis), my internship at Make-A-Wish, a roadtrip with my roommate Kendra to see the Celtics in Boston and a year-ending trip to NYC. What a great year!

2009 will bring more change that I can imagine to my life - I will be graduating from SMC in May and beginning my "real" life. I can't even begin to predict what this year will hold, but I hope that it will be as much fun as 2008. I will be searching for post graduation employment, completing my dream internship at EatingWell Media Group, serving others in the Dominican Republic on a service trip and living my last semester at SMC. It should be a whirwind year!

Happy New Year to you and your family; as always, contact me with questions, comments or anything else. Happy 2009!

No comments: