Thursday, January 1, 2009

NYC!

Mom, me, Emily, Brittany and Linda
Brittany, Emily and me in Times Square!

Emily and me in front of the Statue of Liberty (she's that little dot over Emily's right shoulder!)

I just returned from a fabulous trip to NYC! On Saturday I traveled down to Hampstead, NH with my mom and sister, Emily to spend the night at my mom's best friend Linda's house; she and her daughter, Brittany, were joining us for our trip!

We all got up early on Sunday morning and took off for NYC! We stayed at a hotel in New Jersey (the Chicago Bulls were also staying there...we saw some famous players at breakfast on Monday!) and took a NJ Transit bus to and from the city each day. We saw the site of the World Trade Center, the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Central Park, NBC, ABC & CBS studios, Fifth Avenue, Grand Central Station plus beautiful Christmas decorations at Macy's, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Rockefeller Center and the Tavern on the Green in Central Park. We saw the Christmas Spectacular show at Radio City Music Hall (featuring the Rockettes, my IDOLS!) and took two double decker bus tours of Manhattan, one during the day and a Holiday Lights tour at night! It was a lot of traveling (we were in six states in four days!) but it was totally worth it!

No comments: