Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall Open House

On Saturday I gave my first "special" tour of the semester - a Saturday tour to a group of prospective students here for one of our many Fall Open Houses. This Saturday 's information session and tour was open to everyone, but included an optional information session about our Business major and Internship program, so we had a lot of potential business majors in the group! I was asked to speak about my internship at the information session, and I did so gladly-I am really enjoying working at the Make-A-Wish Foundation. It was great to be able to connect with prospective students and answer all of their questions, so if you are considering applying to SMC, come up to visit during one of our open houses this fall (or at another time!), we'd love to see you!

In other news, I did my final class registration on Friday (Halloween!!). Everything went smoothly and I was finished exactly 2 minutes after registration opened...perks of being a senior I guess! I am going to take my final English course, Fiction Writing, do another internship (more on this once it is finalized), and take Feature Writing: Magazines, Advanced Dance and Instrumental Music for Non-Majors, which is basically an African drumming class. I couldn't be more excited for these classes, but I am certainly not wishing away the remainder of this semester!

As always, I welcome questions and comments - leave them here or e-mail cpratt@smcvt.edu. I will post again soon with more info about my internship at Make-A-Wish, my English thesis and this week's family dinner - it's my turn to cook!!!

No comments: