Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trick-or-Treat!

Last night we had a wave of adorable trick-or-treaters visit our townhouse. Annually the Little Brother/Little Sister program, which is organized by MOVE (Mobilization of Volunteer Efforts), trick-or-treats from townhouse to townhouse. My roommate Mandi got some candy and we filled the commemorative High School Musical 3 popcorn bucket that I had gotten when I went to the movie on Sunday (yes, I love High School Musical and I am not embarrassed to admit it!). I was at dance class until about half way through the allotted trick-or-treating time, but I still got to see a lot of killer costumes - my favorite was the boy who told my roommate Kendra that he was "a gangsta." The kids and their bigs (SMC students) all got dressed up and did a really great job, but I was most impressed by the participation of townhouse residents - I saw a house of boys that dressed up and decorated the outside of their house and were actually sitting outside to welcome trick-or-treaters! This just illustrates another reason that I love SMC - it is such a community that everyone is willing to get some candy and open their doors to local children. It was so much fun!!
----------------
Now playing: Cat Stevens - Can't Keep It In
via FoxyTunes

No comments: