I thought I'd wrap up 2012 with a post of my 12 "favorites" from the year we're leaving behind...
1. Accomplishment - Running my first 10K road race at the Middlebury Turkey Trot and Gobble Wobble.
This was taken right before the finish line!
2. Place - This was a really tough one, as I visited some incredible places this year, but the Grand Canyon takes the cake for 2012!
me & Amy at the Grand Canyon
3. Professional Accomplishment: Presenting at the Collegiate Information and Visitors Services Association (CiVSA) annual conference in Denver, CO
me & Dustin at Red Rocks Amphitheater during a CiVSA conference social
4. Album - Hands down my favorite album of 2012 was MIKA's "The Origin of Love"
5. Day - My favorite day of 2012 was Monday, September 3rd. My roommates Meghan, Lauren and Heather, colleague Kath and friends Natalie and Anna went on an adventure to Addison County where we swam at Bristol Falls, ate lunch at A&W, walked around Middlebury and stopped at the Magic Hat Brewery on the way home. What a beautiful Vermont day!
Clockwise, starting at the top - Lauren, Kath, Meg, Anna, Heather & me...and Nat behind the camera!
6. Broadway Show - It's no surprise that I saw a few shows on Broadway this year, and my favorite was absolutely Book of Mormon. It was my ultimate Bucket List Broadway show and it didn't disappoint!
(l-r) Ashley, me, Mallory and Nic Rouleau, the actor who played Elder Price!
7. Song(s) - (12, in no particular order) "Blown Away" by Carrie Underwood, "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye, "Try" by P!nk, "You're All That Matters To Me" by Miss Willie Brown, "Old Pine" by Ben Howard, "Cha-Ching" by Imagine Dragons, "I Will Wait" by Mumford and Sons, "Pontoon" by Little Big Town, "Silenced By The Night" by Keane, "Popular Song" by MIKA, "Hard Way Home" by Brandi Carlisle, "Baby Come Home" by Scissor Sisters and "Home" by Phillip Phillips.
8. Memory - Coming to the end of my first 5K and seeing my friend an running coach/partner Allison there cheering for me!
The SMC "Saints on the Run" team at the Corporate Cup
9. Family Moment - I gained an infamous reputation among my family as a very grouchy race runner this year...mostly because I yelled at my sister during our "Pirate 5K" on the Waterfront in Burlington because she was rushing me and I was having NONE of it. Oh well, sometimes you just have to get your butt whooped by your baby sister :-)
me & Emily at the beginning of the race, before I got a little grouchy.
10. Quote - "Have only one rule: be your wild, courageous, brilliant self, every single day, no matter what." I'm not sure who to attribute this to, but my roommate gave me a magnet with this quote and a peacock. I love it.
11. Event- Watching my sister (the same one I kind of yelled at during our race!) graduate from SMC in May!
My fam with the graduate!
12. Change - Change can sometimes be hard, but my favorite change of 2012 was moving into my new apartment with 3 friends. I love our little house and all of the memories that we are creating there!