Wednesday, November 18, 2009

rooooomies!

My SMC roommates are some of the best people alive. I spent three years living with them in either a suite or townhouse, and we became more like family than just roommates.

Thankfully, all of my roommates are still in the Burlington area, which is amazing. Last Sunday we met up for breakfast at our personal favorite spot, IHOP. You might remember that my roommate Mandi and my adopted roommate Stew, got married right before we graduated, so we got caught up on married life with the two of them. My two other roommates, Gil and Kendra, are still roommates in an apartment in Essex, which I'm jealous about, and it was also great to catch up with the two of them. On a sad note, one of Mandi and Stew's rats, Charlie, and Gil's rat, Algernon, both passed away since we graduated, which was unfortunate. I'm not much of a rat person and I never got anywhere near Charlie or Algy (despite being chased a few times...), but I still feel bad.

I can't believe that its been six months since we graduated...but when we get back together its like we haven't been apart for a day. Kendra had drawn this picture of our family a while back, and it still makes me laugh every time I see it.

As you know, I'm extremely close with my best friend from high school, Kristin, but the relationships that I have with my roommates from St. Mike's are different - not that one is better than the other, but spending such an intense period of time with your college roommates 24 hours a day really creates incredible bonds with those people. I am so lucky to have them!

No comments: