Saturday, August 22, 2009

New Job!

I have officially started my next adventure - being an AmeriCorps*VISTA! I traveled down to Middlebury College this week and started my work in the Alliance for Civic Engagement (ACE) office. I am happy to say that although I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all of the new information, for the most part I am really enjoying it!

In addition to general orientation to the new job, I got started right away with my first big job - planning the annual MiddAction fair. I worked really hard to send out invitations and work on the fair's promotion and logistics. This is a huge job, but I have definitely made headway and have learned a lot by jumping right in!

Next week I will be out of the office to attend my Pre Service Orientation (PSO), which is a training that all AmeriCorps*VISTA members have to attend. I will be traveling to Philadelphia on Monday and returning on Thursday. I am looking forward to this opportunity to travel and learn more about the upcoming year!

I will be moving to my new apartment on Septembr 1st, which I am really looking forward to. It is just a few minute walk from my office, and is located right in downtown Middlebury. I keep getting more and more excited for what is to come this year!

I am heading back to camp tonight to pick up two friends, Amy, who is from Utah, and Kerry, who is from England. They are going to stay with my family for two nights and I am going to show them around Burlington before they head off to Boston to go home. I can't wait to see them and enjoy an awesome Vermont weekend!

No comments: