Monday, April 27, 2009

crunch time

One thing I love about Saint Mike's is how much everyone comes together during the stressful times. I feel like almost everyone here is really empathetic towards others when they have a ton of work, and when it comes down to the end of the semester, everyone has tons of work so everyone just comes together to buckle down and get it done.

My roommate and I just walked over to the library around 9:30PM (75 degrees here, and the trip across campus was a welcome break from out hot rooms...) and saw groups of people sitting out on the lawn with their computers, all getting work done together. While we were in the library, tons of groups of people were sitting together, helping each other with projects or just working individually but wanting to be surrounded by friends. Now that I'm back in my room, I can hear my next door neighbors just hanging out outside, chatting with passersby, reading and discussing their days.

This is one of my favorite parts of SMC - people here genuinely like one another and have each other's best interest at heart!

No comments: