Saturday, November 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Three generations of my family: my grandpa in the center, my mom and her siblings on the right and me, my sister and my cousins on Thanksgiving!

I am wrapping up my week at home for Thanksgiving Day break - it's been a great break! SMC held classes on Monday and Tuesday of last week, but I only had one class each day and both of the professors ended up canceling, so I came home last Friday. I really like Thanksgiving break; it is a great opportunity to spend some time relaxing at home before the last few weeks of the semester which tend to be busy for most of us. I am lucky to not have any exams, but I have to present my thesis on December 8th and then turn in my final copy on December 11th. I am a little anxious about both of these things, but I have been working hard on my paper - I think I'll write a blog soon about the whole process...it's definitely been fun!

In terms of wrapping up other things at the end of the semester, I have already turned in my final paper for my internship (I have been working with a faculty advisor who assigned a final reflection paper to culminate my experience) and have only two more times with my friends at Make-A-Wish...this internship has been such a great experience and I am really glad that I was able to do it! My research class will have an in class exam on the last day of class and then a take home portion due during exam week, and my calligraphy class is winding down as well - we are currently working independently on projects of our choice. The Jazz I classes that I am working with are going great - the students will learn their final dance on Tuesday/Thursday of this coming week, and then perform it in front of the teacher and myself on the last day of class. Everyone passes as long as they get through 85% of the material; I have lots of confidence in all of the dancers - they have been so much fun this semester! My own dance class will wrap up with a few weeks of intense dancing, a self evaluation and fun final class.

It's hard to believe that we are so close to the end of this semester - when we go back on Monday we have two weeks of classes, one week of exams and then three weeks off for winter break! I have an exciting break planned with holiday festivities, a possible trip to NYC with my mom, sister, my mom's best friend Linda and her daughter Brittany (a sophomore at UNH) to sightsee and see a show or two and a trip down to MA with my aunt to visit her company and learn more about what I might be interested in doing after graduation in May. Should be fun!

I'm off to ring the bell for the Salvation Army with my aunt for an hour - this is a yearly tradition that my family has had for many years - giving up one hour to a worthy cause is the least that I can do!

I hope that you and your family had an enjoyable Thanksgiving, best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season!
----------------
Now playing: Taylor Swift - Stay Beautiful
via FoxyTunes

No comments: