Monday, September 22, 2008

ahhhhhhh!!!

So forgive my lack of posts - I have been crazy busy with this little thing called life at Saint Michael's College. Everything is going amazingly well, but incredibly busy...let me explain.

Classes are going great - my senior seminar (which meets once a week for three hours) is moving along quite nicely - we are exploring a variety of different texts and having some great discussion - tonight we are meeting as a class to watch the Little Mermaid for our week on fairy tales - I'll let you know how that discussion goes!

My research class is also coming along nicely, I am really learning a lot about effective research methods. Dance and Calligraphy are both really fun, I will try to post a picture of something that I do in Calligraphy once I get good enough to not be embarrassed by it!

My internship is also going well - I am interning at Make-A-Wish Foundation of Vermont every Friday from 8-4:30. I work closely with Kim, the Director of Development and Louis, the Director of Program Services. They are both a wealth of knowledge and I feel like I am learning a TON! I also did a lot of work last weekend on the annual "Walk for Wishes" which is the biggest internally organized fundraising event for the foundation - it was rewarding to say the least!

I am also busy preparing for the upcoming LEAP weekend - if you have been reading my blog for a while you will remember me being involved with a couple LEAP retreats (LEAP is a retreat weekend organized by Campus Ministry led by students for other students). This time I am the Support Rector (a.k.a. one of the people who is in charge of the whole retreat!) and it has been stressful to say the least. I am sure that it will all be worth it when it comes together this weekend, but for now, I'm just stressed!

Overall life is great here at SMC - once LEAP is over I am going to post some picture of my room and townhouse, maybe some Calligraphy projects and a photo or two from my frequent Friday afternoon walks down on the Burlington Bike Path. Stay tuned, and as always, I love comments and e-mails from my readers!!!

No comments: