Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of School!

Saint Michael's is officially BACK! The first years arrived last Thursday to O-Leaders blowing whistles and cheering with excitement - who wouldn't want to be welcomed by a good looking group like this?


Six years ago, I began the very same process - and let me tell you, it was an adventure! Meeting new people, trying new things, eating new food...it's definitely an adjustment! However, from what I can tell, the Class of 2015 is settling in beautifully!

Today is the first day of classes - campus is buzzing with excitement as old friends reconnect and catch up and new students find their groove. I so clearly remember my first day of classes - Intro to Spanish (bright and early at 8:15 AM!), Introduction to Philosophical Problems, my First Year Seminar and Introduction to Literary Studies. My Monday, Wednesday Friday schedule was packed full, but I remember still finding time to have my first "real" lunch in Alliot and diligently starting my homework. Honestly, it feels like yesterday!

Welcome SMC '15, we're so happy to have you here!

No comments: