Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm baaaaaack!!

Welcome to my new blog! Technically it's not new at all and all of my old posts are just below this, but I've done a bit of a redesign because I am now an official ALUMNI blogger! I kind of hope that I might have some blog followers besides my own family members, so I am going to keep writing to update you all on what I'm up to as a recent graduate of SMC. If you are just joining me, welcome!

Life post-graduation has been great so far - I moved home just a few hours after graduating and unpacked only to pack up again and head down to Florida with my best friend from high school, Kristin. We decided to give ourselves a graduation present (she graduated from James Madison University a few days before me) and threw the trip together pretty last minute. Kristin's cousin has a house down in Sarasota, FL, which is where we spent the week. We spent a lot of time at the Siesta Key beach, read a lot (I read one entire book and am almost finished with my second - "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult...I highly recommend it!), relaxed by the pool, went to a local Memorial Day Parade and then traveled back to Orlando and went to Disneyworld. It was my first time at Disney, and despite the unbelievable crowds, almost unbearable heat and late afternoon downpours, we had a lot of fun! We traveled back home on Wednesday; it's good to be back in VT (I could never handle the heat/humidity/sun down in Florida...I'm a VT girl for sure!)

Here are a few photos of our trip...

Siesta Key Beach on our first night in Sarasota

How beautiful?

Despite going through two full bottles of SPF 85 sunscreen, I still got burned...and yes, it feels as bad as it looks...

Cinderella's Castle on Main Street, USA!

Me and Ariel, my favorite Disney character of all time...you might remember that my senior English thesis was a comparison of two coming of age texts, Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk and the fairy tale version of The Little Mermaid! Needless to say, this was the most exciting part of the whole day at Disney!!

No comments: